La Cucina Caldesi Cookery School
Next month, it will be ten years since Francis Hunter was created. To celebrate our forthcoming anniversary, the team attended a cookery masterclass at La Cucina Caldesi Cookery School in central London.
We chose a traditional "3 course" Italian menu:
- Starter: Fiori di zucca ripieni di ricotta e limone in salsa di pomodoro fresco Stuffed courgette flowers filled with ricotta and lemon with fresh tomato sauce
- Fresh Pasta with sauce: Ragù di salsiccia con finocchio e pomodori Sausage & fennel seeds ragù
- Main course: Filetto di maiale di Flavio alle erbe Toscane Pork Tenderloin with Flavio’s Tuscan herb ‘dust’
- Side dish 1: Broccoli con acciughe e aglio Sautéed broccoli with anchovies, chilli & garlic
- Side dish 2: Purè di fagioli cannellini e rosmarino Cannellini bean and rosemary mash
- Dessert: Crema di Marietta Mariettas pannacotta, orange and vanilla baked custard
- Biscuits: Zaleti – Vanilla & orange polenta biscuits
and who would have thought we all needed to relearn how to chop, stuff, boil, fry, bake, simmer, roll, shape and stir ... we were even let loose to made our own tagliatelle!
The day was rounded off with a celebratory drink (or two) at Flight Club ... darts made fun.
What a great way to celebrate our anniversary and here's to the next 10 years of Francis Hunter.